5.30.2011

Bulletin!!

A project that I finished over the weekend. :)

After looking in many home decor stores for a bulletin board, I finally decided that I would just need to make one. This is the result:
I purchased an old gold frame at my local thrift store, sanded the hideous paint off, painted it with aqua crackle paint and then sanded it for a distressed look.
The ruffle around the edges is strips of green, flower patterned fabric.
I bought a roll of cork and mounted it on the back with carpenter's glue.



Each flower was made using this pattern: FLOWER TUTORIAL
To decorate them, I inked the edges, misted them, and added glitter glue along the edges of the petals. Then added jewels/brads to the centers.

Very happy with the distressed look frame (which cost me $2.00!) and the overall look.

TFL :)

4 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice. This would easily sell for $75 bucks in a boutique.

    ReplyDelete