9.06.2012

You've Captured My Heart

Happy Thursday!

I'm not usually much of a card maker...but lately this has changed. I will be starting my first year of college this week and I know my schedule will be super busy and hectic, so I have been making cards in advance to send to my boyfriend who lives 600km away. This way I will have a bunch of sweet notes/cards to just drop in the mail and let him know I'm thinking of him. :) 

As soon as I saw the "you've captured my heart" ribbon in the Dazzling Pretties Ribbon Pack, I knew I had to use it on a card. It's so versatile! You can mist it, cut it, sew it etc. On my card I chose to leave it's natural colour but snipped it into 2 pieces. 

 I diecut a "speech bubble" sort of shape out of the discovery girl glitter cardstock and layered it over some white tissue paper and white thread. Some mist splatters, in love in Italy dew drops, hand drawn hearts, and gold airmail washi tape give it a bit more detail.
I added a bit of glitter to the edges of the diecut shape, sewed through the ribbon with pink thread/my sewing machine, and added a button to finish it off.
The button was just a plain wooden button which I embossed with gold embossing powder then sewed on with simple white thread.


My post is also up over at the Chattering Robins blog today!

3 comments:

  1. This is a sleek designed digital сonvеction
    toaster oven thаt wіll consistently deliver ρerfeсt
    tastіng food every time. This annual plant cаn be grown in an contaіner, and will yiеlԁ between 1-2 cups of freѕh basil.
    Onе οf the main attractiоn to these
    convection toaster ovens are the big bright digitаl display counters thаt keep time when nοt іn
    use.

    Here is my wеbsite: http://cello47mike.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.

    my homepage - augen lasern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I've been following your site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the good work!

    Visit my website :: http://gretes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete